The Presidential candidate of Peoples Trust (PT) Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim says state governments are reluctant to pay the new N30, 000 minimum wage because they lacked creativity in generating wealth.
Olawepo-Hashim said this while promising to pay workers a minimum wage of N50,000 and ensure free health care for the citizens if he is elected as President.
He said this at the inauguration of his campaigns, ahead of 2019 general elections in Abuja, NAN reports.
“Governors don’t know how to create wealth, when we are elected, we will pay N50, 000. It will be how to give Nigerians living wage.
“Nigeria is one of the countries that have the highest rate of returns on investment, but the problem has always been the bottlenecks which public servants put in the way of investors.
“These bottlenecks are man-made that can be removed within 90 days and Nigeria will be able to target five percent of infrastructure funds that will be flowing in this country.
“We have about 7.8 trillion dollars in infrastructure funds in the world looking for where to make money.“
He further said that if elected, he would provide four million jobs every year by creating enabling environment for the effective participation of foreign and indigenous investors and private sector to create jobs.
Olawepo-Hashim said this would be possible because Nigeria remained a very good destination for investment, adding that all the country needed was massive infrastructure deficit.
“We will unite Nigerians and fight ethnicity, 2019 will be about the welfare and security of our people,” he added.
Source: LATESt update
- 2022 WAEC GCE JAN/FEB FIRST 1ST SERIES QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS EXPO RUNZ RUNS DUBS CHOKES
- I NEED CONFIRMED JANUARY 31TH 2022 CONFIRMED WAEC-GCE FIRST 1ST SERIES JAN/FEB ALL SUBJECTS RUNZ EXAM EXPO/RUNS ANSWER
- 100% CORRECT 2022 WAEC GCE FIRST 1ST SERIES JAN 31TH EXPO QUESTION AND ANSWER BEFORE EXAM TIME
- 2022 WAEC GCE FIRST SERIES JANUARY 31TH Expo ANSWER FOR ALL SUBJECTS| JANUARY 31TH 2022/2023 WAEC GCE CORRECT RUNZ (Runs)
- I NEED CONFIRMED 2022 LEGIT WAEC-GCE FIRST 1ST SERIES JAN/FEB RUNZ EXAM EXPO/RUNS